A student enrolled in the Virtual Learning Academy will:
- Access courses 24/7, from any computer connected to the Internet; many courses are optimized for mobile devices, including
- Work closely with supportive, GGUSD teachers who are committed to building strong relationships with both students and parents/guardians.
- Have access to core courses in grades TK-6 in ELA, Math, Social Studies and Science, and enrichment courses like P.E. and
- Have access to curriculum in grades 7-12 including core courses, electives, career and technical education, and advanced
- Participate in engaging activities designed to meet the needs of all learners, including videos, audio content, and problem-based interactive
- Stay on track with pacing and progress-monitoring tools.
- Remain part of the school community, including participation in activities and athletics open to any GGUSD student, if applicable.
Parents/Guardians are critical in their child's educational success in GGUSD's VLA.
Parents and Guardians of students enrolled in the VLA will:
- Spend time guiding learning for their student ( *approximation of time each day).
- ELA – 1 ½-2 hours*
- Math – 45-60 minutes*
- Social Science – 30 minutes*
- Science – 30 minutes*
- Electives – 30-60 minutes*
- TK-2 nd grades: Parents spend 3-4 daily hours
- 3 rd -12 th grades: Time commitment varies, but parent/guardian support is